Tuesday, April 04, 2006

4 April, 5:30 a.m. - 5:50 a.m.

It's so early! I'm soo tired! This is going to take some discipline to do every day. But, anything worth doing is never easy.

I decide to meditate downstairs, as Girlfriend is snoring her head off, and I need the light on to meditate(or I will fall asleep!). Begin by streching legs, arms and back. Kneeling on the ground, I start to relax my mind. It's hard to believe how active my mind is this morning! It's a real battle to focus my mind on the breath, I will push on....relax....
Mind is like a bag of snakes! I can't tell one thought from the other! Pre-occupied with bed.......sleeepyy....."wake UP!", ok, we're back again......thinking about cherry floors ( ;-) .....mind wandering into kitchen units, appliances......woops, back to breath.....ah, some clarity...............soft furnishings.....doh, back to breath......let go......, legs are stiff, let go..........tired...ok then lets go back to bed.

Yes, I wussed out after 20 minutes and went to bed! Well, a bodhisattiva never helped anyone without having enough sleep :p

Even though my meditation was 'turbulent' to say the least, I am pleased that I have started the process.
I am happy today, because I am finally on the path!

Thank you all for your encouragement!

1 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just finished a meditation session a few minutes ago and found it vey hard to let go of my thoughts too....but sure practice makes perfect!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home