Wednesday, April 05, 2006

4 April, 11:10 p.m. - 11:20 p.m.

This evening I spent time with my father & sister in Dublin, so not much meditation done.
Sitting on the bed, I started to relax my body, and, remembering to enjoy the experience(thanks asia). My mind was much less turbulent than yesterday, so I found it easier to start my meditation. I started by saying a prayer:

May all beings have happiness and the causes of happiness.
May they be free from suffering and the causes of suffering.
May they be free from attachment to some and aversion to others.
May they realise we are all the same, and have the same potential.

Then I started to meditate, focusing my mind on my breath. Thoughts come, thoughts about family and my home.....let it go...gone.....other thoughts come and go easily......sometimes it's alot easier to meditate than other times.

I enjoyed my meditation tonight, and I noticed during the day today, that I was very happy. I also 'caught' myself a few times about to have a negative reaction to something, and instead of getting frustrated or angry, I managed to let it go...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home